Easiest Way to Make Appetizing Nan's Broccoli Salad
Nan's Broccoli Salad.
You can have Nan's Broccoli Salad using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Nan's Broccoli Salad
- It's of SALAD:.
- You need 1 head of broccoli (about 3 cups).
- You need 1/2 of sm. red onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1-2 of apples, chopped (peeled if desired).
- Prepare 1 c. of purple grapes, cut in half.
- You need 2/3 c. of dried cranberries.
- Prepare 1 c. of pecan halves, toasted.
- It's 8 slices of bacon, crisp cooked, chopped.
- It's of POPPY SEED DRESSING:.
- You need 1 c. of mayonnaise.
- You need 1 T. of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1/4 c. of sugar.
- It's of Zest of 1 lemon.
- Prepare of Zest of 1 orange.
- Prepare 1 T. of lemon juice, fresh squeezed.
- You need 1 T. of orange juice, fresh squeezed.
- You need 1/2 T. of poppy seeds.
- You need Pinch of black pepper.
Nan's Broccoli Salad instructions
- Bring a large pot of water to boil while prepping the broccoli. Peel the large broccoli stems and slice. Cut the head into florets..
- When water is boiling, add broccoli and cook for just 1 minute. Immediately drain and put into bowl of ice water. Add the chopped red onion (helps to take the harsh bite out, which red onions often have). Let sit for 5 minutes, drain well, and pat dry with paper towel..
- Add all salad ingredients to large bowl and gently toss with a rubber spatula..
- Whisk together all salad dressing ingredients..
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well with rubber spatula. Store, covered, in refrigerator. Best if chilled at least an hour before serving. Enjoy!.