Recipe: Yummy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Broccoli Cheddar Soup.
You can have Broccoli Cheddar Soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- It's 1 of small onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It's 2 cups of cream 18%.
- It's 3 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 4 cups of broccoli florets.
- It's 1 of carrot, shredded.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It's 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup step by step
- In large pot melt butter over medium heat, add onion and sauté until soft and translucent. Add flour and continue to stir for about five minutes..
- Slowly mix in chicken broth until fully incorporated. Add cream stirring constantly. Carefully bring to the boil. You must watch the pot because this will boil quickly. Once it comes to the boil, reduce the heat to medium and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring regularly..
- Now your soup base should be slightly thickened. If too thick add either more broth or cream depending on your taste. Add broccoli, shredded carrot and garlic, allow to simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until veggies are soft..
- Using a hand blender, carefully blend up the soup until desired texture/ consistency. Slowly add the two cups of cheese, constantly stirring. Keep stirring until all the cheese is melted and soup is heating through. Server and garnish with remaking cheese..