Recipe: Yummy Beef& Broccoli
You can cook Beef& Broccoli using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef& Broccoli
- You need 1 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic choppped.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ginger.
- Prepare 3 of small heads fresh broccoli, chopped up into small little trees.
- It's 1/2 c of water.
- It's of About 1lb skirt steak thinly sliced/bite sized.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of soy sauce.
- It's 2 tbs of cornstarch+1/4 c hot water.
- Prepare 1 of lime juiced.
- It's of Brown rice to serve with meal.
Beef& Broccoli instructions
- Begin cooking your rice while you prep and cook this meal. By the the time your rice is done the rest should be done or almost done..
- Slice up skirt steak in long strips. Cut into smaller pieces aiming for a rectangle than a square result..
- Heat a couple tbsp olive oil in a pan. Put steak in, season w/ salt & pepper. Sear all sides but dont over cook! Cook long enough to see color change. Remove meat,let juices remain..
- To the pan, add onions and garlic. brown and soften. Add ginger and 2 tbsp soy sauce. Stir together over med heat.
- Once pan mixture has combined, add broccoli to the pan with the 1/2 cup of water. Mix all ingredients in pan. If you like soy sauce, now is a great time to add some for flavor as the broccoli steams. (You want enough liquid to steam ther broccoli while giving the meal some liquid, but not like soup.).
- Once broccoli has become bright green add the steak back to the pan. Stir everything together and season with salt and pepper..
- Take the cornstarch and the hot water and mix together with with a fork to form a slurry. Pour this into the pan and mix everything together. Bring to a boil for a few minutes and turn off heat. Squirt some lime over it and stir..
- Serve with brown rice!.