Recipe: Tasty Homemade Cosmic Brownies
Homemade Cosmic Brownies. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Rich, fudgy, and covered with bright little sprinkles, these homemade cosmic brownies are delicious. They taste just like those coveted lunchbox treats, only better!
It was a good day when I found a Star Crunch, Oatmeal Creme Pie or Cosmic Brownie (thanks, Mom!). If you're up for a fun time in the kitchen, then try your hand at a homemade version of Cosmic Brownies. Cosmic Brownies are a rich chocolate brownie, with a layer of chocolate icing, and a sprinkle of chocolate candies on top. You can have Homemade Cosmic Brownies using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Cosmic Brownies
- You need of For the brownies:.
- It's 1 1/4 cups of AP flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) of melted butter.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp. of milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 of Tbps cornstarch.
- You need pinch of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of For the fudge ganache:.
- You need 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips.
- It's 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
Whisk in ¾ cup cocoa powder and ¾ cup flour until combined. Lightly spray with cooking spray or grease with butter and set aside. Cosmic Brownies Ingredients for Homemade Cosmic Brownies. Sugar - Granulated sugar & brown sugar; Vanilla extract - Real vanilla, not imitation; Eggs - Whole and extra yolks; Butter - Unsalted; Chocolate - Semisweet chocolate chips, and cocoa powder Oil - Vegetable oil; Flour - All purpose flour, make sure it's not self rising; Salt; Topping - Butter, sweetened condensed milk.
Homemade Cosmic Brownies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350° Line a 9x13in. baking pan with foil, spray it with nonstick cooking spray & set aside.
- In a large bowl beat together the melted butter, sugars, vanilla extract until light & fluffy.
- Add in one egg at a time & mix well after each addition.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Begin adding the dry ingredients to the larger bowl, alternating with the milk & mix until just combined.
- Pour and spread the batter into the prepared pan in an even layer.
- Bake for about 18-25 minutes.
- Now to prepare the ganache: in a medium sized microwave safe bowl, stir together all chocolate chips & heavy whipping cream.
- Microwave the mixture in 60 second increments, stir it after each time until all the chocolate chips are melted & smooth.
- Pour prepared ganache over brownies and add any toppings you want.
- Serve warm or cold.
Growing up, cosmic brownies were my sister Libby's absolute favorite dessert. She'd take a cosmic brownie over a homemade cookie any day and she ate them with such speed that our household would go through a couple of boxes a week. So, Libs, this one's for you. Combine melted butter, eggs, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk to combine. HOMEMADE Copycat Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies - just like you remember as a kid!