Recipe: Yummy Missippi mud brownies
Missippi mud brownies. Remove from heat and stir in cocoa until smooth. Mix in the flour, then fold in pecans and marshmallows. Combine brownie mix, eggs, water and oil in large bowl.
Stir in almond extract and pecans. All I can say is that the beauty of the island is overwhelming. Haleakala I saw plants and trees that looked so magical they almost looked fabricated. You can have Missippi mud brownies using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Missippi mud brownies
- It's of For the brownies:.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of oil (vegetable or canola oil).
- It's 1/2 cup of butter , softened.
- You need 2 cups of granulated sugar.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- It's 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 3 cups of mini marshmallows.
- It's of For the frosting:.
- It's 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of evaporated milk.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It's 3-3 1/2 cups of powdered sugar.
Perfect for your holiday cookie exchange, Mississippi Mud Brownies are made with pecans, marshmallows, and warm Chocolate Frosting on a moist, rich brownie base. You'll want to make a few extra pans, because you won't have any leftovers. These Mississippi Mud Brownies are affectionately referred to as Tim Riggins Brownies because they are extra in every way and so bad but so, so good. A moist brownie layered with chocolate chips, topped with melted crunchy peanut butter, marshmallows, sprinkled with toasted pecans and lacquered with a thin layer of frosting.
Missippi mud brownies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13'' pan with non-stick cooking spray..
- In a large mixing bowl, pour oil over cocoa powder and mix. Add softened butter and mix until smooth. Add sugar and mix for 1 minute..
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add vanilla and mix. Add flour and salt and stir to combine..
- Our batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean..
- Remove brownies from the oven and sprinkle the marshmallows evenly on top. Return to the oven for 2-3 minutes or until the marshmallows are puffed. Remove from oven and allow them to cool completely..
- Once brownies are cool, make the frosting..
- For the frosting: Add melted butter, cocoa powdered, evaporated milk, vanilla, and 2 cups of powdered sugar to a mixing bowl and beat with electric beaters until smooth..
- Add more powdered sugar, a cup at a time, mixing well, until you reach your desired frosting consistency. I usually use about 3 1/4 cups powdered sugar..
- Spread frosting over the cooled brownies and cut into squares. I've found a plastic knife works best to cut them, or if you make them 1 day in advance they are much easier to cut..
Mississippi Mud Brownies You'll notice that my brownies are nearly black. This is because I use Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder. I love the flavor it adds and the deep dark color just makes me happy. Much like the cake version, these Mississippi Mud Brownies are rich, chewy brownies that are topped with marshmallows, covered in a fabulous chocolate fudge icing and sprinkled with chopped pecans. I took the blow torch to the marshmallows before covering them in the icing, which gives the brownies a faint toasted flavor.