Recipe: Tasty Chicken and Shells Casserole
Chicken and Shells Casserole.
You can have Chicken and Shells Casserole using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken and Shells Casserole
- It's of Water.
- You need 1-1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 pound of chicken breast boneless and skinless.
- You need 2 quart of water.
- You need 1/2 pound of pasta shells medium sized.
- Prepare of Vegetables.
- You need 1 pound of mixed vegetables broccoli, cauliflower, carrots.
- Prepare 2 cups of chopped celery.
- It's 1 of large onion diced.
- Prepare 1 of medium potato.
- It's 3 tablespoons of all purpose flour heaping.
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- It's 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- It's of Topping.
- You need 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- You need 1/2 cup of melted butter.
Chicken and Shells Casserole instructions
- Chop the celery and dice the onion. Sauté in the butter with pepper, seasoned salt, and garlic. Sauté for 12 minutes..
- I had the lid pop open on the seasoned salt and poured out a 1/4 cup that went in. So I grated a medium sized potato and added in. This helped tone down the saltiness. Sauté the potato with the onion and celery..
- Boil the chicken in the salty peppered water. When the chicken is done remove from water, and add the shells. Cook till done but don't throw out the water. Preheat oven 450° Fahrenheit..
- Steam the mixed vegetables then chop up the bigger pieces. Chop the chicken and add into the celery onion mixture. Add the flour mixed with ground black pepper to taste..
- When the flour is added cook for 8 minutes. Add the pasta shells, and cheese. Add 2-1/2 cups of chicken-pasta water and stir well. Allow to simmer stirring often for 15 minutes add more of the water if necessary. Melt the butter add breadcrumbs and 1/4 cup of chicken-pasta water stir mixing well..
- Add the breadcrumbs to top of the casserole. Spread over the top and bake for 35 minutes covered. Remove cover and put under broiler till browned and crispy. Serve after allowing to rest for 15 minutes. I hope you enjoy!!!.