Recipe: Tasty Sarah's Twisted Tuna Alfredo casserole
Sarah's Twisted Tuna Alfredo casserole. Our updated version of tuna Alfredo casserole uses only five ingredients including tuna, pesto, and Parmesan cheese. Toss together purchased Alfredo sauce, canned tuna and frozen broccoli, and you'll have a hearty casserole in a snap! MORE+ LESS Toss Together Purchased Alfredo Sauce, Canned tuna And FrozenBroccoli, And You'll Have a Hearty Casserole in a Snap!
You can use either the canned tuna in water or the ones in oil. Twisted tuna casserole is moist, rich, flavorful comfort food with a sauce made from scratch and a tasty, crunchy topping. Dave loves all noodly comfort food casseroles like my Chicken noodle Casserole, King Ranch chicken and Chicken Mornay casseroles. You can have Sarah's Twisted Tuna Alfredo casserole using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sarah's Twisted Tuna Alfredo casserole
- Prepare 3 quart of casserole dish.
- Prepare 1 of jar creamy tomato Alfredo sauce.
- You need 1 of 10.75 oz Canned cheddar cheese soup.
- It's 1 of 7 oz can tuna in water.
- Prepare 1 of onion diced.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper diced.
- It's 4 tbsp of minced garlic in water from jar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried parsley flakes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dried chives.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of lemon pepper.
- Prepare 4 cup of noodles.
- You need 3 tbsp of chicken bullion.
- Prepare 1 cup of parmesan cheese.
- It's 2/3 cup of bread crumbs.
Add tuna, corn, cheese (reserving some for a final sprinkle on top) & spices to liquid mix & stir thoroughly. Stir in gently with tuna mixture. This is a tuna casserole that even my picky family loves! The potato chips give the casserole a crunchy crust.
Sarah's Twisted Tuna Alfredo casserole step by step
- Cook noodles as directed on package. Add bullion to water before adding noodles..
- Saute onion, pepper, 3 tlbs garlic in cooking oil. When they are almost done add chives, parsley, and lemon pepper..
- Mix together the Alfredo sauce, soup, tuna, veggies and 2/3 of the Parmesan cheese. Pour over drained noodles and mix well..
- Pour mixture into greased 3 quart casserole dish..
- Mix bread crumbs and 1/3 cup Parmesan, 1 tlbs garlic and butter together. Sprinkle on top of casserole. Lightly sprinkle top with dried chives, and parsley..
- Bake at 425 for 30 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes then serve :-).
I have never been a tuna casserole fan but when I saw the name of this one, I though I HAD to give it a try! I am so glad that I did!! Tuna Noodle Casserole is a classic American dish. Egg noodles are combined with canned tuna in a creamy sauce and then baked. Peas are a classic addition and sometimes you see corn mixed in as well.