Recipe: Perfect Chopsuey
You can cook Chopsuey using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chopsuey
- You need 1 cup of broccoli cut into small pieces.
- Prepare 1 cup of cauliflower florets.
- Prepare 4 oz of snow peas.
- It's 12 of quail eggs boiled and peeled.
- It's 100 g of dried shrimp/hibe.
- It's 2 of carrots peeled and sliced.
- It's 1 of vegetable pear/chayote peeled and sliced.
- It's 1/2 of cabbage cut into 1/2 inch strips.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper cut into strips.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper cut into strips.
- Prepare 1 cup of young corn or 1 can corn kernels.
- It's 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized onion diced.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- It's 1 tablespoon of fish sauce.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of oyster sauce.
- Prepare of Cooking oil.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It's of Optional: fried chicken liver chopped, squidballs & cashew nuts.
Chopsuey step by step
- Saute garlic and onion in medium heat pan/wok with oil until garlic is golden brown and onions are translucent. Add dried shrimp and cook for about a minute. Set aside..
- Turn heat to high and stir fry chayote for about 3 minutes or until slightly transclucent. Add red and green bell peppers, carrots, corn, and cabbage and cook for another minute..
- Add broccoli and cauliflower and cook for about 2 minutes and turn heat to medium. Add water cooked garlic, onions, and dried shrimp. Add optional fried chopped chicken liver and squid balls. Add cooked quail eggs and snow peas and bring to a boil..
- Add fish sauce, oyster sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off heat and add optional cashew nuts..