How to Make Appetizing Easy Gingerbread Brownies w/ Chocolate-Banana Frosting
Easy Gingerbread Brownies w/ Chocolate-Banana Frosting. Gingerbread Brownie recipe is brownies meet gingerbread in this super chewy bar that's perfect for cookie exchanges and Christmas dessert! This time of year, I'm up for gingerbread everything. One of my favorite ways to update gingerbread is to add in a bit of chocolate - like with this Gingerbread Brownie recipe.
The brownies may puff up in the oven but will fall back down while cooling. Using the parchment paper overhang, lift the brownies out of the pan and cut into squares. In a large bowl, beat together sugar, sour cream, butter, and eggs until creamy. You can cook Easy Gingerbread Brownies w/ Chocolate-Banana Frosting using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Gingerbread Brownies w/ Chocolate-Banana Frosting
- Prepare 17.5 oz of Gingerbread cookie mix.
- You need 1 stick of melted butter.
- It's 1 C of coconut oil.
- It's 1 C of milk chocolate chips.
- It's 1/4 C of cocoa powder.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 8 oz of cream cheese; softened.
- Prepare 1/4 C of cocoa powder.
- You need 2 C of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 T of banana extract.
- Prepare 2 T of melted butter.
This frosting recipe makes a good "glaze" for gingerbread cookies, as other raters have stated. I was looking for a frosting that would stiffen up nicely so I changed it up slightly. Stir walnuts into batter until evenly incorporated. In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter.
Easy Gingerbread Brownies w/ Chocolate-Banana Frosting step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk together gingerbread cookie mix, 1/4 C cocoa powder, coconut oil, eggs, and melted butter until blended..
- Fold in chocolate chips..
- Spray an 8 x 8 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray..
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
- Whisk together cream cheese, 1/4 C cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and butter until smooth. Fold in banana extract. Add a tiny bit of milk if necessary to adjust consistency..
- Variations; Vegetable oil, bakers chocolate, shredded coconut, evaporated milk, pecans, walnuts, white chocolate, molasses, ground ginger, cinnamon, allspice, clove, heavy cream, vanilla extract, coffee extract, espresso powder, nutmeg, sour cream, brown sugar, caramelized bananas, rum, rum extract, pumpkin pie spice, honey, cayenne, raspberry, caramel, cashews, cherries, dates, maple, orange, plums, raisins, port, strawberries,.
Beat in the egg, and mix in the molasses. Blend in bananas and vanilla extract. See recipes for Easy Gingerbread Brownies w/ Chocolate-Banana Frosting too. Make frosting when brownies are completely cool and ready to frost. Add vanilla, nutmeg, and eggnog and beat to combine.