How to Cook Perfect Skillet Lasagna
You can have Skillet Lasagna using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Skillet Lasagna
- It's 2 lb of Ground beef/Chuck/turkey/sausage.
- You need 2 of Jars spaghetti sauce or homemade sauce.
- It's 1 box of Oven ready lasagne noodles- break up about 8 or so- really just depends on how big of a skillet you use, how many layers, or how much you want to make..
- Prepare 1 of Onion-diced small.
- You need 1 of Bell pepper-diced small.
- It's 2 clove of Garlic- minced.
- It's 1/2 box of Cream cheese.
- Prepare of Cottage cheese or ricotta or both (I use both).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sour cream.
- You need of Shredded Mozzarella or Parmesan cheese, Sharp cheddar or all. (I use all) but more mozzarella out of them all.
- It's 1 of Italian seasonings, garlic and onion powder, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Or whatever you like..
- Prepare 1/2 of Jar- Alfredo sauce- if you want to do the easy thing instead of the sour cream, cottage cheese, ricotta, cream cheese route. Just add some of it where that would go..
- It's 1/4 cup of Optional: chicken broth or stock- u would add this to your pasta red sauce..
Skillet Lasagna step by step
- Prep first- dice your onion, bell pepper, and break up your noodles. Shred your cheeses,etc.
- Add meat to skillet on high heat, along with the diced onion and bell pepper, and seasonings to it. Cook until done. If you are adding minced garlic, add it when your meat is almost done. Then when meat is done, DRAIN..
- Add your meat mixture back to the skillet, and add the sauce. Let it come to a boil, and stir. Then pour it into a separate bowl, and put to the side..
- Now in another separate bowl. Add the sour cream, softened cream cheese, cottage cheese, ricotta and a little bit of shredded cheeses, Italian seasoning or basil/oregano and mix it up..
- Now time to layer: spread a little bit of the meat sauce to the bottom of your skillet. Then spread some of the cheese mixture, on top, then add some of your broken noodles. And repeat process again, ending with the meat mixture on top. DO not sprinkle any shredded cheese yet on top..
- Now let this come to a boil real quick, and turn the heat to a med low, and cover it with lid, and let cook for about 25 min or until your noodles are soft..
- Once noodles are soft, then sprinkle the remaining shredded cheeses on top, and let them melt. Also, make sure once the cheese has melted to take off the stove eye, and let cool for a few so cheese and all can set up..