Easiest Way to Prepare Appetizing Charred broccoli cream soup
Charred broccoli cream soup. Onions, celery, and broccoli cooked in chicken broth are pureed with milk in this quick scratch-made cream of broccoli soup. Reviews for: Photos of Best Cream Of Broccoli Soup. My easy Broccoli Soup is a simple Cream of Broccoli Soup that's thick and creamy with an extra hit of flavour from cheddar cheese!
I love making creamed soups, especially in the Fall when the weather starts getting cold. Most creamed soups are loaded with cream or flour which make them high in fat and calories. To slim this cream of broccoli soup down I use the vegetables to thicken it, keeping it thick. You can cook Charred broccoli cream soup using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Charred broccoli cream soup
- Prepare 4 of broccoli crowns.
- It's 2 tbsp of butter.
- It's 1 of large shallot, chopped.
- You need 1 of heap tsp chicken stock paste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fresh thyme leaves.
- You need 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
This vegetarian cream of broccoli soup is the perfect comfort food for cold days and is ready in about thirty minutes with simple ingredients. I chose not to use cream in this "cream" of broccoli soup. Instead, I pureed the broccoli and milk together, which creates a smooth, creamy texture. This soup is super creamy in texture, but it contains very little actual cream.
Charred broccoli cream soup step by step
- Trim the broccoli, separating the florets from the thicker stems, and chopping all into bite-sized pieces..
- Bring 8 cups of water to a boil in a medium pot. Add all the broccoli stems and simmer 2 minutes. Add 1/4 of the florets and simmer another 1 minute. Strain, reserving the liquid..
- Put the pot back on medium heat. Add the butter and shallot. Fry for 1 minute to soften the shallot. Pour the broccoli water back into the pot. Add the chicken stock paste, a pinch of salt, and a few grinds of freshly cracked black pepper, and bring to a simmer..
- Return the parboiled broccoli to the pot and add the thyme leaves. Simmer for 10 minutes, then blitz with an immersion blender until smooth (for safety, you might want to let the soup cool a bit before doing this). Turn the heat up to medium-high and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until reduced and thickened slightly..
- While waiting on the soup, put a medium pan on high heat. I suggest using cast iron or carbon steel for this step. Add a splash of veg oil, then the remaining broccoli florets and a good pinch of salt. Let sear, stirring occasionally, until the broccoli's singed and softened (but not mushy). Remove the florets and set them aside..
- Take the pot off the heat and stir in the cream. Add the charred florets. Check the seasoning and add more salt and pepper as needed. Serve hot..
The butter and flour mixture -- what's called a roux -- gives it body and silkiness. Cream of broccoli soup is a soup prepared with broccoli, stock and milk or cream as primary ingredients. Ingredient variations exist, as do vegan versions. It is also a commercially, mass-produced soup, often sold in cans. Broccoli and cheese is a classic, cold-weather comfort food combination that can and should be endlessly Pour hot cream over the Taleggio, and immediately cover tightly with plastic wrap.