Easiest Way to Make Delicious Steak and Cactus Pasta
Steak and Cactus Pasta.
You can cook Steak and Cactus Pasta using 23 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Steak and Cactus Pasta
- It's 2 of Cactus leaves.
- It's 1/2 cup of yellow onion.
- It's 1/2 cup of red bell pepper, chopped.
- It's 2 tbsp of garlic, minced.
- It's 1 of serano pepper, diced.
- It's 5 of white mushrooms, sliced.
- It's 2 of roma tomatoes.
- It's 2 of thinly cut ribeye steaks.
- It's 1 of lime.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need 1 cup of chopped and packed fresh cilantro.
- You need 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 3 tsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It's 1 of box of shell pasta.
- Prepare of cayenne pepper.
- It's of Queso Alfredo Sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It's 1 1/2 tbsp of butter.
- It's 2 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of quesadilla cheese.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
Steak and Cactus Pasta step by step
- Preheat oven to broil..
- Place tomatoes in oven 7 inches below broil coils and roast tomatoes for 10 minutes on each side, until the skin starts to blacken and peel back..
- Place tomatoes in a zip lock bag, and zip close removing all air. Cover bag with a damp paper towel and let the tomatoes sit for about 10 minutes..
- Using your knife remove cactus needle by sliding knife across needles going upwards towards the round end of the cactus. As if you were shaving with the grain..
- Cut cactus into strips, then cut into bite size pieces..
- Take ribeye steak and cover with a sheet of saran wrap, and flatten steak using a mallet. Or you can use a rolling pin and roll the steaks out flat..
- Chop steak into 1/2 inch slices..
- Season steak with 1 teaspoon salt, ground black pepper, coriander, lime zest (about 1/8 teaspoon). And using your hand, massage the seasoning into the meat..
- Covet steak pieces with saran wrap and set aside..
- In a large pan, on medium-high heat add water, 1 teaspoon salt, and chopped cactus..
- Cook cactus for 7 minutes, or until water has absorbed and cactus starts to look like cooked green beans..
- In the same pan, still on medium-high heat; add 2 teaspoons olive oil, garlic, onions, red bell peppers, & 1/2 serano pepper. Cook for 2 minutes..
- Add in sliced mushrooms, 1 teaspoon olive oil, and cook for 3 minutes..
- Meanwhile bring a large pot to boil and add in salt... The water should taste like the ocean. Cook your shell pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water..
- Remove tomatoes from ziplock bag and peel the skins off. Chop the tomatoes and add them to the pan with the vegetables..
- In the pan with the cooked vegetables add in the chopped steak and cook for 5 minutes. Be sure to stir it occasionally to make sure that the steak can absorb all the flavors. Then turn the heat down to low and add in the other half of the serano pepper while you prepared your sauce..
- In a medium pot add heavy cream, pasta water, and butter on medium-low heat. Once the butter has melted add in salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper and cook for 1 minute. Then whisk in cheese until cheese has melted..
- In the same large pot that the pasta was cooked in, add in the meat and veggie filling, and the Alfredo sauce to the drained pasta. Stir; and on medium-low heat cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Let pasta sit on low heat for 2 minutes, add in chopped cilantro, stir, and serve! I topped ours with some crumble fresco cheese! 😃.