Recipe: Delicious Jambalaya
Jambalaya. The BEST Jambalaya Recipe -- made with shrimp, chicken and Andouille sausage, veggies, rice and the most delicious zesty Cajun seasoning. Jambalaya (/ˌdʒæmbəˈlaɪ.ə/ JAM-bə-LY-ə, /ˌdʒʌm-/ JUM-) is a Creole rice dish of West African, French (especially Provençal cuisine), and Spanish influence. Jambalaya is a wildly popular dish that originated in New Orleans and was inspired by flavors around the world—Spanish, West African, and French to name a few.
I followed it to a tee, except a I added more spice than I should have. I like spicy foods, but I am a bit nervous to serve it tomorrow to my guests. Jambalaya (pronounced /ˌdʒʌmbəˈlaɪə/ or <jum-buh-LIE-uh>) is a casserole-style dish of Spanish and French influence originating in Louisiana. You can have Jambalaya using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jambalaya
- Prepare 1 head of broccoli.
- You need 1 of large red bell pepper.
- Prepare 10 of okras.
- Prepare 1 of Andouille sausage.
- Prepare 5-7 of small golden potatoes.
- You need of Onion powder.
- You need of Garlic powder.
- Prepare of Chili powder.
- You need of Paprika.
- You need of Basil.
- It's of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- It's of Olive Oil.
- It's of White Rice.
- Prepare of Butter.
Jambalaya is traditionally a one pot dish, with a variety of meats and seafood, vegetables, and spicy seasonings. This classic southern recipe is brimming with three proteins including tender shrimp, chicken and sausage, and it's cooked with hearty rice. Hazánk elsőszámú modern New Orleans-i zenét. Jambalaya is one of my favorite one-pot style recipes.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Chop all veggies into about an inch in size.
- Oil pan and place veggies on top.
- Cut sausage into 1/2-1 inch coins.
- Add sausage to veggies.
- Add olive oil and toss.
- Add seasonings across all the food according to taste.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Take out of oven and toss.
- Place back in oven for 10-15 minutes (I like to put in for 13 minutes.
- Cook 4 cups of rice.
- Take out of oven and mix with rice.
- Add some more paprika to color rice.
The combo of sausage, chicken, and shrimp with Creole seasoning and rice is always a winner in my book. Making it in a slow cooker makes it. Jambalaya - one of THE most epic rice dishes in the world! This is an easy Jambalaya recipe filled Jambalaya recipe - one of New Orleans' most beloved dishes! Jambalaya is a popular rice, meat, and vegetable dish enjoyed in the Southeast United States, especially Jambalaya has been a favorite dish for generations because it is inexpensive, delicious.