Recipe: Delicious Mike's Garlic Shrimp Alfredo
Mike's Garlic Shrimp Alfredo. featured in Garlic Shrimp Alfredo Dinner For Two. Once the cream is boiling, add the fettuccine. Return the shrimp and bacon to the pan, along with the Parmesan cheese and parsley.
I had several recipes but the first I wanted to try was an Alfredo sauce I came across. Add the shrimp and liberally sprinkle garlic powder on them. Shrimp Alfredo is a practical weeknight meal masquerading as fancy restaurant fare. You can cook Mike's Garlic Shrimp Alfredo using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Garlic Shrimp Alfredo
- It's 1 of 30 - 40 Count Bag Large Raw Shrimp (de-veined - sucked).
- You need 1 Jar (15 oz) of Bertolli Garlic Alfredo Sauce (this brand is important since it won't lend any metallic taste).
- It's 6 of LG Garlic Cloves (fine minced).
- It's 1/2 Cup of Parmesean Cheese (grated).
- You need 1/2 Cup of Green Onions (chopped).
- You need 2 of LG Portabello Mushrooms (chopped).
- You need 1/4 Cup of Fresh Parsley (chopped).
- It's 1/2 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- It's to taste of Sea Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Good Dash White Wine (about 1/4 cup).
Grocery stores are in on it too, sending the message that you need a bottled sauce to make this dish a success at home. But what you really need are just a few ingredients from your pantry, fridge, and freezer. This garlic shrimp Alfredo recipe is so quick and simple to prepare. You're going to look like a pro, but you're not even going to break a sweat doing it.
Mike's Garlic Shrimp Alfredo step by step
- Here's what you'll need..
- Chop your vegetables and cleanly shuck your raw shrimp. Tails, shells and legs. Butterfly and remove the back black veins of needed. Gently tamp your shrimp dry with clean paper towels..
- Add everything except for shrimp to your pan. Simmer Alfredo on high for 5 minutes covered. Stir occasionally..
- This was the flat noodle pasta he decided to go with. A delicious decision on his part!.
- Boil your noodles covered as per the manufacturers directions. This specific noodle took about 3 minutes. But, know that most can take upwards of 12 minutes. Add a little salt and oil to your water as well. About a teaspoon of each. My student used a garlic infused olive oil. Stir occasionally to keep noodles from sticking..
- At the same time - add your shrimp to your Alfredo Sauce and simmer covered for 3 minutes longer. Stir occasionally. You'll know your shrimp are done when they're partially pink in hue..
- Drain your noodles well and add to your simmering Garlic Shrimp Alfredo Sauce. Stir and simmer covered for 1 minute longer..
- My student decided to make some pre-fabed pull apart garlic bread to serve with this dish for dipping. He baked it for 20 minutes at 350°..
- Serve hot with fresh baked garlic bread. Garnish dish with fresh or dried Parsley. Enjoy! KIDS ROCK!.
To start, get a big pot of water boiling and cook up your fettuccine. While that is cooking, melt some butter in a skillet and add in your shrimp. Alfredo sauce gets a kick with cayenne pepper, cheese, and cream. You'll sauté portobello mushrooms with onions, garlic, red bell pepper, and shrimp. Then pour in the prepared sauce and give it a kick with cayenne pepper, Romano cheese, and some cream.