Easiest Way to Make Delicious Chocolate Coconut Pistachio Cookies
Chocolate Coconut Pistachio Cookies. Instead of artificial pistachio pudding mix, flavor these pistachio cookies with real pistachios and almond extract. Brown butter icing is optional, but it's Last year, I shared my favorite Pistachio Cake and Pistachio Chocolate Chunk Cookies. And I always make Pistachio Cupcakes this time of year.
These cookies are a great Christmas cookie or any day cookie! Christmas is one week away and I plan on baking cookies every day until Santa comes. Little cookies full of coconut & pistachios and covered in chocolate. You can cook Chocolate Coconut Pistachio Cookies using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Coconut Pistachio Cookies
- It's 2/3 cup of light brown sugar.
- It's 1 cup of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of coconut extract.
- Prepare 1 of egg, beaten.
- You need 2 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sweetened flaked coconut.
- You need 3/4 cup of finely chopped pistachio nuts plus 1/2 cup for garnish.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips.
- You need 1 tbsp of canola oil.
So what's this got to do with these coconut & pistachio chocolate hearts & stars? Well, not too much really, except that I made them to try to get my mind off missing the fresh pastries and coffee Mr. Scatter toasted coconut, pistachios, and cacao nibs evenly over chocolate. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, if using.
Chocolate Coconut Pistachio Cookies instructions
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter and brown sugar together until melted and combined thoroughly. When melted remove from heat and add coconut extract. Set aside to cool and let stand for 15 minutes..
- Once cooled add the brown sugar mixture to a large bowl. Mix in beaten egg, flour, and cocoa powder. Stir well then add in pistachio nuts and coconut..
- Once completely mixed shape dough into a ball and wrap in saran wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour..
- Once dough is chilled, preheat oven to 350°. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or just use a plain ungreased baking sheet..
- On a lightly floured surface, roll half the dough at a time to 1/4" thickness. Cut out cookies using whichever shaped cookie cutter you like. Place cutout cookies on the baking sheet about 1" apart from each other..
- Bake at 350° for 9 1/2 minutes or until firm. Allow cookies to cool for 2 minutes before removing from baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely..
- In a small saucepan heat the chocolate chips and canola oil over low heat until melted and well combined. Remove from heat. Dip half of each cookie into the chocolate and then into the 1/2 cup of remaining pistachio nuts. Let cookies dry and set on a piece of parchment paper, wax paper or foil. You can also stick them in the fridge on a baking sheet to set faster..
- ** Recipe adapted from Better Home and Gardens**.
The Recipe is delicious, BUT it follows the traditional ratios of Chocolate Chip Cookies; therefore, the. Naturally sweetened, no bake cookie balls with oats, pistachios, and chocolate are a quick & easy healthy snack or dessert! I could eat cookies all day long. Well, maybe not really, but when I need a cookie treat, these Chocolate Pistachio Cookie Balls are what I want! Chocolate Pistachio Cookies are simple slice and bake cookies that you can store in your freezer, then simply bake when required.