How to Make Appetizing Coconut Macaroons
You can cook Coconut Macaroons using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut Macaroons
- You need 150 g of coconut flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It's 5 of medium egg white.
- It's 2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It's 1/4 tsp of salt.
Coconut Macaroons instructions
- Coconut flakes.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large heatproof mixing bowl Set the bowl directly in a wide skillet of barely simmering water. Stir the mixture with a spatula, scraping the bottom to prevent burning, until the mixture is very hot to the touch and the egg whites have thickened slightly and turned from translucent to opaque, about 5 to 7 minutes. Set the batter aside for 30 minutes to let the flavours to meld..
- Using 2 tablespoons of batter, make heaps of mixture 2 inches apart on the lined cookie sheet. Bake for about 5 minutes, just until the coconut tips begin to color, rotating the pan from front to back halfway through the baking time to ensure even baking. Lower the temperature to 325 degrees and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the cookies are a beautiful cream and gold colour, with deeper brown edges..